There is no doubt that blogs are the it thing today in the online world. Wherever you surf, blogs are sprouting everywhere like mushrooms, whether theyre used for personal or business purposes. But for starters, what is a blog anyway? It is a diary where you can post your thoughts or feelings or whatnots, except that it is online and the public can read it. But enough of that. Gone were the days when they were used solely for personal reasons. On the business side, they can be a very useful tool to boost your business, and to keep your customers updated on the products and infos you have. But if youre still struggling to catch up on the latest thing these days and you think youre not much of a great writer either, let me give you some useful subjects you can write about to give your customers a lot of reasons to keep coming back to your site.
1. News. Okay, so maybe thats basic. After all, your company or business is the reason you put up a blog, right? Write about the products you sell. Give them a bit of the benefits your potential customers might get for buying them, with a link back to your main site to read the entire sales letter. You can also write about updates to your product. Post news about the industry youre in. If youre selling products that help people get better search engine rankings, write about search engine news. Or, if you or your service has been featured on TV, papers, or notable websites, write about it. Dont forget to post seminars or gatherings where youve been invited.
2. History of your business. Maybe this one has already been in your main website, but who cares? People forget it. They come and go and chances are, when they visit your site, they dont read it. Write about how you began, the reputation and achievements youve earned, and the accolades or awards you received, with a link back your site. That way youll let them know why they should buy from you, and that youre a real person whos building a reputable business. Add some employees profile if you have someone working for you, too. If you have nice traffic or site stats, thats also worth mentioning.
3. Customers feedback. When a raving customer emails you about how your product has helped him, share it in your blog. Youre giving your visitors a compelling reason to buy from you.
4. Site of the week / month. Mention a site that doesnt compete with you but complements to your won. Explain to them why you like it, and why it deserves your accolade.
5. Contests, surveys, trivia, questionnaires. If youre running a contest, post it in your blog to encourage visitors to join. Get their attention by including the prizes, a bit of the rules, with a link back to your site for more information regarding it. Or put a survey. That could give you information regarding the product youre selling, as to how you could develop it further.
6. Tip of the day. Write about a new tactic you developed or something you learned and perfected.
So there. Whatever your business is, no doubt theres always something youll definitely want to write about. Give it a try. And it will reward you soon.
About the Author
Dulce Azogue is a work-at-home with two kids. Visit her website where you will learn how to unleash the power of a blog and use it to its full potential to boost your business and make you money. Get your FREE information now at http://www.getintogoogle.info/bloginabox/index.html
and download your FREE gift. You can also email her at email@example.com