There are lots of ads for lots of product out there , so it is very easy for your ad to get lost in the shuffle. To avoid this, you must do all that you can do to make sure that your ad gets noticed. Here are some things that you can do to ensure that your ad commands attention.
1. Place colorful graphs, pie charts and other charts in your ad copy. Use charts that will grab a person’s eye and also support your product claims. For example, if you are selling a product that boosts website traffic, a screenshot of your site’s traffic stats can be very effective.
2. Highlight buying incentives like free bonuses and money back guarantees. You could place them in boxes or in front of a different colored background.
3. Use short sentences or sentence fragments in the body of your ad copy. A short burst of words can catch a skimmer’s eye with one quick glance.
4. Highlight all the important keywords and phrases in your ad copy. You could use bolding, underlining and color to highlight the important words. I see keywords both bolded and highlited in yellow in many ads nowadays.
5. Always remember that we live in a visual world. Place attention grabbing pictures above and within your ad copy. A powerful technique is to use before and after pictures of people using your product.
6. Use a headline that catches the attention of your target audience. One of the most effective ways is to use a free offer as your headline. The “shocking claim” headline can also be effective, provided that you can back up your claim, of course.
7. Make your ad’s keywords and phrases stand out by enlarging the text. This technique works wonders with headlines and sub headlines.
8. Make your products list of benefits and features stand out by using a symbol in front of each of them. The symbol could be a dash, solid circle, star, etc.
9. Use sub headlines to break up your ad copy andto capture a skimmers eye. You could make them even more powerful by highlighting them with color.
10. Use attention grabbing adjectives to describe your product. For example sizzling, incredible, high power, ultramodern, killer, eye popping, etc. But, be careful not to overdo it.
Using the above methods should dramatically improve the chances that your ad will get noticed by potential customers. And that is the first step to ultimately making the sale.
About the author:
Ronald Gibson is a Web Designer and Web Marketer. He is the Webmaster of AffiliateUtopia.com, which offers information about some of the best money making opportunities on the Web. For more information, visit: